A pantry is often the most overlooked room of a home. It's usually tucked away in a corner of the kitchen, out of sight and out of mind. In fact, it's not uncommon for homeowners to forget that they even have one! Hellofresh? Uber Eats anyone?
The result? A boring space with no personality or function that can be difficult to use. But there are ways to make your pantry work hard for you - here are some styling tips from an interior decorator
1) Choose a theme – think about what you’ll want your pantry to do for you and choose one or two colours accordingly
2) Add light – as well as making sure there is enough natural light coming into the room, consider adding vintage-inspired pendants, wall sconces or other such light sources
3) Adjust the temperature – make sure your pantry isn’t too hot or cold. Too hot and you'll never want to be in there - Nothing will feel appetizing.
4) Get creative with storage – rather than stacking items on top of one another vertically, keep things minimalistic. There is a heap of amazing new accessories on the market which we'll cover in another article.
5) Choose the right tools for the job – there are many ways of storing your pantry items - from hanging them on hooks to stacking them in jars. Whatever method you choose, make sure they suit the theme of your pantry.
6) Make it functional – with a few simple additions, your pantry can become a great space for storing spices and your favourite baking items.
7) Enjoy yourself!
Make it a fun space, with your favourite cooking utensils and ingredients. Your pantry is an extension of your kitchen - make it something you'll love spending time in.
With a little bit of thought and creativity, your tired old pantry can become a wonderful room that will spark joy every time you open the door!
Thanks for reading!