It’s not always easy to pick the perfect lounge chair. There are so many different styles, shapes, and fabrics out there that it can feel like you’re looking for a needle in a haystack. But don't worry; with just three simple steps, you will be able to choose your ideal piece of furniture in no time!
1) Sit down on every single lounge chair in the store. This way you can find out which one is most comfortable for your body type and weight distribution. If you have a friend with you, ask them to sit on every other lounge chair so that they can tell you which one is more comfortable and gain a consensus.
2) Look at the colour of the lounge chair. If you want to go bold, there are plenty of different colours to choose from. From bright reds and blues to more neutral shades like tans and browns, there are no limits to what type of shade you can buy. Keep in mind that certain colours may look better with your furniture or walls
3) The second step is to find the style that suits you. It’s common for people to automatically go for whichever chair is currently trending, but this could be a costly mistake. Many trends are out of date within the year, so it’s better if you buy something classic instead—something that will never become unfashionable. Remember, whatever chair you choose will be around for a long time.
When you follow these three steps, finding the perfect lounge chair should be much easier than you could ever imagine! Remember, choosing a comfy and stylish piece of furniture is all about knowing what you like and picking something that reflects your personal style.
A pantry is often the most overlooked room of a home. It's usually tucked away in a corner of the kitchen, out of sight and out of mind. In fact, it's not uncommon for homeowners to forget that they even have one! Hellofresh? Uber Eats anyone?
The result? A boring space with no personality or function that can be difficult to use. But there are ways to make your pantry work hard for you - here are some styling tips from an interior decorator
1) Choose a theme – think about what you’ll want your pantry to do for you and choose one or two colours accordingly
2) Add light – as well as making sure there is enough natural light coming into the room, consider adding vintage-inspired pendants, wall sconces or other such light sources
3) Adjust the temperature – make sure your pantry isn’t too hot or cold. Too hot and you'll never want to be in there - Nothing will feel appetizing.
4) Get creative with storage – rather than stacking items on top of one another vertically, keep things minimalistic. There is a heap of amazing new accessories on the market which we'll cover in another article.
5) Choose the right tools for the job – there are many ways of storing your pantry items - from hanging them on hooks to stacking them in jars. Whatever method you choose, make sure they suit the theme of your pantry.
6) Make it functional – with a few simple additions, your pantry can become a great space for storing spices and your favourite baking items.
7) Enjoy yourself!
Make it a fun space, with your favourite cooking utensils and ingredients. Your pantry is an extension of your kitchen - make it something you'll love spending time in.
With a little bit of thought and creativity, your tired old pantry can become a wonderful room that will spark joy every time you open the door!
Thanks for reading!
Interior decorators are the professionals that help to turn your home into a beautiful space. They take care of how things will look, how they’ll feel, how they’ll work with one another, and how they’ll fit together. But how do you find an interior designer in your area? And what should you be looking for when hiring them? Read on to learn more!
When looking for an interior decorator, one of the first places you should start is on your phone. Instagram can be a great place to find local designers that are taking gorgeous shots in the area where you live. Start following some accounts that show how they would transform spaces in your town or city, and see how their work fits with your own personal style. When you find some designers that you love, and whose work is a good match for how you envision the space in your home, reach out to them and let them know how they can help!
The best way they can help is by coming over to your house and giving their opinions on how they’d change things up to make it how you’d want, or how they would help you to bring in the style that you have in mind.
It’s important when hiring an interior decorator to ensure that you are on the same page as them about how things should look.
Pinterest is another great community where you can find local interior decorators in your area. Look for how they’d decorate each room of your home, how they set up their own homes, and how they think about things like colour combinations and how prints and textures work together.
Click through some boards that show how others have used colours and patterns to add texture and feel to their homes, then decide how you would like things in your own space.
You can also look at how they’ve set up rooms so that you know how big a task it is to get from where you are now to a beautiful room or a beautiful home. The more guidance you have when starting the project, the more likely you are to finish it, and the easier it will be for your decorator!
From there, reach out to the designers whose boards inspire you. Follow up from your discovery on Instagram, or just message them directly if their profiles have that option.
Another great place to find local interior designers is on Houzz. Start by browsing some of their photos of how they’ve decorated rooms in homes. Then, looking at the details of how things look, how they work together and how they feel will really help you get a sense of how that designer thinks about what they do.
Also, look at how they’ve chosen to work with the architecture in each space. Some people want to turn each home into their own, while others take the characteristics of the house and enhance them so that it blends in well.
Hiring interstate interior decorators can be a great idea if your project is something that you don’t think you’ll be able to do yourself, and you have the budget.
Keep in mind, interstate decorators are difficult to organise during the pandemic. Costs may be (really) high.
Lastly, you can find local interior decorators by asking around. Ask friends how they’ve decorated their homes so that you have an idea of how to get started. Then, with their recommendations in mind, reach out to a few of those who have done great work and start working with one of them.
Finding the right interior decorator is a process of trial and error. Whether you’re looking for someone to help with your current project, or you want one who can work on your house full-time, it may take time to find how they match up with what you need. If this sounds like something that would be helpful to you, let us know! We have an expert team ready and waiting to partner with you in order to create a stellar plan! Which of these options did we mention do think would work best? Let us know by contacting us.
Tired of your house looking drab and uninviting? Dressing up your home with some colour can do wonders for your mood. It doesn't have to be anything crazy, just a few pops of colour in the right places will go a long way towards making you feel more at home. Here are three ways that painting walls, window frames or furniture could improve the look and feel of any room in your house!
No matter what your mood is right now, painting your home could help change it for the better. Bright yellow can be a cheery and optimistic colour, blue tones such as those often used in calming rooms or bedrooms create a sense of tranquillity and calm – perfect if you need to relax but don't know how! Playing with different colours will allow you to completely transform how your home makes you feel: who says the living room has to be white? If orange gets you excited and ready to go then paint those walls… today!
Want to make other people smile when they enter your house? Then play around with some bold colours. Just as decorators advise not to buy furniture that's too colourful asyou'll tire of it quickly, bold colours can also make a room feel more personal. If you want to give your house a real lift and get your family and guests talking about how great your home looks, consider painting one wall in the living room with some vibrant purple or green. Nobody will be able to resist smiling!
For many people, when they think of decorating their homes they immediately picture white rooms with sparse furniture that lacks any kind of character. However, just because something is popular doesn't mean it's right for everyone. In fact, by painting walls in different shades and playing around with accent colours, you can create a welcoming space that feels all-together more exciting than going for a completely
Painting your walls in different colours is a simple way to change the mood of any room. Whether you want to feel more cheerful, relaxed or just generally happy, painting one wall with bright colour will do wonders for how you feel when entering that space. If you're not sure what colours would work best with the rest of your decorating scheme, don't be afraid to experiment! You can always paint over it later if you decide it doesn't work out as well as planned. And if all else fails? We have some great Interior Decorators on hand who are ready and waiting to help make your home an inviting place where everyone feels welcome! Let us know today so we can get started designing something beautiful for your house soon.